2016 – present
Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH)
Kenya, Peru, South Sudan, Zambia
- Meeting Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) needs in Athi and Kanzigo Ward, Kitui South, Kenya
- Rising Up: Providing Vital Water-Related Emergency Relief Services to Families in Trujillo, Ancash, and Piura, Peru
- Meeting Emerging Water-related Emergency Needs in Western Equatoria, South Sudan
- CHAMPS in Mwandi District, Zambia: Meeting Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Needs
- Combating Cholera via Water-Related Emergency Relief Services in Lusaka, Zambia
Description of Partnership:
Procter & Gamble (P&G) is an American consumer goods corporation founded in 1837. It primarily specializes in cleaning agents and personal care and hygienic products.
P&G has partnered with CMMB since 2016 to fulfill serious water-related needs in South Sudan, Peru, Kenya, and Zambia. Thanks to P&G, CMMB has been able to distribute water purification materials to vulnerable families and help catalyze long-term behavioral change through information, education, and communication activities. In South Sudan specifically, CMMB also leveraged P&G’s contributions to mobilize resources to help foster additional medium and long-term improvements, such as the rehabilitation of water points (e.g. repairing handpumps).