Why Join Hands?
In a world where health outcomes for many are improving, too many people, especially women and children living in extreme poverty, continue to experience health inequities that are simply unacceptable:
- 400 million people don’t have access to essential health services.
- 2.5 million children under 5 die every year from pneumonia, diarrheal disease and malaria.
- 821 women die from complications of childbirth and pregnancy every day. 99% of these deaths occur in poor, rural communities in developing countries.
- 748 million people do not have access to clean drinking water.
- 2.5 billion people lack access to improved sanitation.
- 5 billion people worldwide lack access to essential medicines.
- 700 million people live in extreme poverty–on less than $1.25 a day.
Vulnerable women and children remain marginalized and disproportionally affected by the consequences of poverty and poor health. Unlikely to ever access the health services they need, they are trapped in a life where they may never reach their full potential.
They are the reason we are inviting you to Join Hands.
In 2015, we launched our innovative CHAMPS model in 5 countries, leveraging our networks of partners and bringing health solutions to women and children. By providing health, dignity, and justice, CHAMPS delivers on the promise of a better future.
Join Hands for Water
Join Hands for Kenya
We at Catholic Medical Mission Board (CMMB) are excited to offer an investment opportunity to Join Hands to save lives, and restore justice to marginalized women and children around the world. Your partnership and financial commitment are an investment in practical, proven solutions that will improve health outcomes for more than 1 million people.
By creating a foundation of good health, your participation will break a cycle of underinvestment in women and children. We take a healthy start in life for granted because we live in a nation that invests in health. The women and children we serve are denied that investment. Yet we know that they are the foundation of a prosperous society.
President and CEO
CMMB – Healthier Lives Worldwide