Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Angel Investor program?
Our Angel Investor Program is a real one-to-one direct giving experience. We offer you the opportunity to connect with a person living in extreme poverty and help alleviate their suffering by providing access to their most urgent needs like food, water, healthcare or education.
Why do these children need you?
After many years of working in these communities, we know that the most marginalized in these communities are too often forgotten. Simply said, they are too vulnerable to participate in other programs. Our community health workers identify these angels based on vulnerability criteria including:
- Tragic life events, such as the loss of parents due to malaria, HIV/AIDS, or TB
- Death/loss of mothers in childbirth from postnatal hemorrhage or other complications
- Orphans being cared for by elderly grandparents who are too old and sick to meet the children’s needs
- Children with extreme disabilities living without dignity and without access to the essential services and healthcare they need
- Children whose mothers or fathers have physical or mental disabilities that limit their capacity to care for their families
How much is monthly support?
The amount is linked to need.
- Education – $30 a month. Your gift provides an angel with access to education, by covering school related costs like tuition, uniforms, shoes, school supplies, and examination fees.
- Healthcare – $45 a month. Your gift provides an angel with access to transportation to and from the health facility when required, quality healthcare, medication as needed, and regular visits from community health workers.
- Food and water – $80 a month. Your gift ensures a reliable source of nutritious food and access to clean water for your angel.
What percentage of my donation will go to the child directly?
CMMB is known for low overhead. Every month, 90 percent of your support goes directly to the child in need. The other 10 percent pays the salary of staff who meet with the families and supervise the program on the ground.
Who can I contact with specific questions?
Send an email to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org