Dr. Jose Garcia Ulerio
Home: Born in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Jose currently lives in East Brooklyn.
Education: He studied Medicine at the Technological Institute of Santo Domingo, in Dominican Republic. He is now a general physician with special interest in public health and epidemiology.
CMMB Volunteer Role: General physician at the Mutomo Mission Hospital in Kenya.
Interesting fact: For the past two years, Jose worked as a general physician for the local Caritas Internationalis. His job involved assisting with outpatient care in vulnerable zones of the city. He also coordinated prevention programs including vaccination days, in-home assistance, and health promotion.
One of his favorite sayings: “Sometimes all you need is a good dance to shut out the stress.”
Follow Jose’s journey:
- Meet Jose Garcia – April 10, 2018
- Jose’s Volunteer Story: “The time is always right to do what is right.” – July 24, 2018
- First Impressions: Serving in Mutomo, Kenya – September 10, 2018
- Dr. Jose Garcia Ulerio: Where Is He Now? – October 12, 2018
- Letting Go To Find Something New: A Reflection From An International Volunteer – December 19, 2108
- A Video for World Health Day: Healthcare for All – April 7, 2019